Monday, June 1, 2009

On the Popcorn Front...

Okay so for me, summertime means beaches and sunscreen and floaties and pools ETC, but it also means MOVIES. During the year, I'm so busy that I never get to the movie theatre, and by the time the weekend comes up it's like, 20 bucks to go see Star Trek and I'm just really not on that kind of a budget. SO since I'm assuming that everyone enjoys a good movie now and then, and I was just thinking about it the other day, I wanted to give you four AMAZING movies you should go watch RIGHT NOW.


Don Juan Demarco: Even if you don't care about Johnny Depp playing the world's
greatest lover (which personally I don't understand at all but to each their own), male or female this movie will make you believe in love. Every time I watch it it reconfirms all those notions we smother with the real world: like the concept of true, lasting love, or whimsy and happiness, or being able
to feel and care so deeply about another person. I know it sounds corny, but some day when you're feeling a little blue or just need a lift, pop it in. It has a beautiful score (ever heard the song "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman"? ) and wonderful scenery. I promise you'll walk away with a warm glowy feeling. One of my favorites, I have it, if you want to borrow it. :)











Practical Magic: I watched this again the other night with my girls, and remembered how awesome it was. Not only does it have Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock playing
 sisters, but they live in a gorgeous white Cap Cod house with their aunts, who happen to be really cool witches. As Nicole gets herself in a bit of trouble with an ex-boyfriend and Sandra struggles with an ancient curse on their family, they both find the need to use a little bit of their ancestry to help them along. Wonderfully acted and written, its a movie that for sure will bring out the feminine mystique in all of us. A girl movie for sure, put this at the top of your Netflix queue. It's a lot of fun.














Taken: Okay, so Liam Neeson is one of my FAVORITE actors (I even adored him in that AWFUL star wars movie),and he is incredible in this. I'm not going to say anything about the plot, just to tell you to watch it the next time you are craving a satisfying thriller/ action flick a la Bourne. Just writing about it makes me want to go watch it again. 













Gone With the Wind: AH the best movie ever made!! Vivian Leigh IS Scarlett O' Hara, Clark Cable is heartbreaking, and between the score and the imagery and the tangled love affa
ir they have you seriously cannot stop watching it. The book is one of my all time favorites ( if you haven't read it, go read it please! You won't be disappointed), and the movie captures its essence perfectly. The costumes are amazing, the acting is flawless, and the combined result is a delicious movie experience that you will ALWAYS remember. You'll be talking with a southern drawl and saying fiddle dee dee before you even know what's happening. 










Just a few, I'm sure I'll think of more. :)

MWAH,

Moi


No comments:

Post a Comment